This toolkit will assist the staff and board of directors at nonprofit sexual assault and domestic violence organizations in developing and implementing a succession plan to strengthen and build the capacity of their organizations. This toolkits provides an overview of key elements along with resources and tools to develop a succession plan that can strengthen and prepare the organization for staff and board transitions. The toolkit addresses the following:
- What is Succession Planning?
- Why is Succession Planning Important?
- Who Needs Succession Planning?
- Why Do We Need to Include Anti-Oppresssion/Anti-Racism Work in Succession Planning?
- Who is Responsible for Successiong Planning? Who Should Be Involved?
- What Can We Do Now to Prepare? (including checklists and sample workplans)
- How Do We Navigate the Barriers to Succession Planning?