This toolkit will assist the staff and board of directors at nonprofit sexual assault and domestic violence organizations in developing and implementing a succession plan to strengthen and build the capacity of their organizations. This toolkits provides an overview of key elements along with resources and toolsto develop asuccession plan that can strenghten and prepare the organization for staff and board transitions. The toolkit addresses the following:
- What is Succession Planning?
- Why is Succession Planning Important?
- Who Needs Succession Planning?
- Why Do We Need to Include Anti-Oppresssion/Anti-Racism Work in Succession Planning?
- Who is Responsible for Successiong Planning? Who Should Be Involved?
- What Can We Do Now to Prepare? (including checklists and sample workplans)
- How Do We Navigate the Barriers to Succession Planning?